So I have decided to include this "#random_thoughts" section to follow at the end of the diary posts for each destination to just note down some of the random thoughts that I had while on that particular trip :)
Do add on in the comment section below if you have had any other random thoughts while touring the mentioned city... would love to hear a collection of #random_thoughts from everyone! :)
- We have been to Amsterdam twice and both were just a short weekend trip (i.e. Friday - Sun or Sat - Mon) and we felt that Amsterdam is an excellent place to spend the weekends! :)
- There is a certain charm to the canal houses in Amsterdam, but I have always wondered why do some of them looked slanted and skewed...hmmm...
- With an abundance of yummy food (all the mouthwatering pastries, cheese, stroopwafel, dutch pancakes etc), how do the locals stay slim....I would really love to know their secret!
- It is really windy in Amsterdam!
- Amsterdam Schiphol airport is actually below sea level o_O
- Wooden shoes may seem like a peculiar idea but I absolute admire the ingenuity of the person who came up with this idea in Holland when I heard of its many functions: (a) protection against any falling objects or the treading of animals' hoofs, (b) keeping the feet warm in winter and cool in summer and (c) providing good support to the feet and hence a healthy posture and many more...
- There are bicycles everywhere! :)
- I have always wondered how does a cannabis ice cream taste like.....