|Lavenders in Roussillon...|
- Why was Avignon chosen to be the home of the Popes?
- Why are there so many art displays placed inside Palais des Papes?
|Sculptures in Palais des Papes|
- I wondered who was the genius who came up with the idea of lavender ice-cream, would love to thank him/her for creating this favorite snack of mine! *yums*
- Considering the fact that our visit was during the peak of the lavender season, a mere day away from the Avignon Festival, coupled with the fact that many parts of Avignon were listed as UNESCO world heritage sites, we were pleasantly surprised that Avignon was not as crowded as we had expected it to be!
|A pleasant view of the walled Avignon city on a bright and cheery day!|
- Do people really make it a point to dance on the Saint-Bénézet bridge?
|Let us dance on Saint-Bénézet bridge!!|
- I have always find it fascinating that Nature has its own store of natural color pigments (as what we had seen in Roussillon)!
|The ochre cliffs in Roussillon|
- What exactly is it about the Provence region that makes it so suitable to grow lavender flowers?
|One of the many lavender fields that we visited!|
- There is just so much to see in the Provence region, a weekend trip is certainly not enough!! We will be back!!
|There were abundance of sunflower as well!|
|Just let me chill and stay here in Avignon!!|